We are committed to the safety and well-being of students, faculty, and staff, as you prepare to return to campus in the fall. We have implemented additional safety processes and protocols to help ensure the safety of campus operations.
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- CLEANING: Each location maintains a variety of tools and processes designed to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness are maintained at all times. Each associate has a Day-At-A-Glance Tool to guide them of specific cleaning requirements for every station and space.
- HIGH TOUCH CLEANING: Extra and frequent cleaning of all surfaces and items that are at higher risk of contamination (door handles, light switches, condiment stations, etc.).
- Hand Hygiene
- GUESTS: Increased availability of hand wash stations, hand sanitizer, ‘no-touch’ service options and targeted signage and communication to promote hand hygiene.
- EMPLOYEES: Substantial and ongoing hand hygiene training, an increased schedule of mandatory hand washing (every 20 minutes) and appropriate use of PPE (gloves).
- Chemicals, Equipment & PPE
- CHEMICALS: Specified chemicals are designed specifically for food service environments. Diversey Quat- Sanitizer has the highest possible rating for efficacy. Every location also maintains an inventory of Oxivir TB Wipes, a CDC approved disinfectant for the pathogen treatment of spaces that have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
- EQUIPMENT: All equipment utilized in cleaning and sanitation, including dishwashers, glass cleaners, chemical dispensers, etc. are checked multiple times per day for correct temperatures, concentrations and functionality.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE): University Dining ensures that all locations are properly equipped with the necessary PPE to ensure guest and employee safety - including gloves, masks, eye protection, thermometers, aprons/gowns, etc.
- Product Safety
- VENDORS & SUPPLIERS: All vendors and suppliers must pass stringent safety and sanitation requirements to gain and maintain approval. Additional controls will be placed on vendor deliveries to ensure the safe transfer of all products.
- FOOD SAFETY: Standards for food receipt, storage, handling and preparation are very detailed and specific. Each step of the process is monitored and documented so that quality, temperature control, and contamination risks are managed at all times.
We are here to answer any of your questions: Contact Us